Friday, November 8, 2013

Slow. Too Slow.

Book Title:  The Lace Reader   Author:  Brunonia Barry  Rating: 2.1 out of 5.


This book is given a lot of praise and hype. You can get that much just by reading the jacket. But does it live up to it? As good as "The Sixth Sense?" In my opinion, no it does not.
I do like the set up. Set in Salem, MA, it follows a young woman with special powers learning to cope with the death of a loved one and also trying to figure out the truth of what happened to her.
It has all the makings to be great but I found myself loosing interest in it very quickly. One problem I found was the only two likable characters were the main one and her brother. Oh well, I still recommend it as an interesting read, but get it from the library. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly to Your Mouth and the Environment!

What:  Tom's of Maine Toothbrush Type: Soft Bristles 4 count Price:  $11.99 Rating: 5.0 Tom's of Maine is an awesome company. ...