Friday, August 16, 2013

Staind Zombie Their Way Back

Artist: Staind  Album:  V

Chapter V is not a big steaming pile of dog poo. There. I said it. And believe me after 4 Shades of Grey, it makes me extremely happy to say this. Just a few short years ago, I thought Staind was the greatest rock/heavy band known to man. Then they went pop on us. So when this new discc came out, I was worried. I'll admit it. I borrowed it from a friend before I decided to take the plunge and buy it. And happily it has been a good purchase.
On "14 Shades Of Grey", all the fire that made Staind = Staind, was gone. With the exception of "Price To Play" there was nothing with any zest at all. Now "V" has that in spades! From the hammering "Paper Jesus" to the in your face "Schizophrenic Conversations" this disc is a moving step in the right direction. The fire is partially back. Staind still do explore their new found pop sensibilities. For example "Falling" is enough rock to make you stand up and take notice. But still radio friendly.
So there you have it. Staind might never be the pure power house of rage and angst we so loved on "Tormented" or "Dysfunction". But you have to give kudos to Staind for every album being different. And cheers to them for finding their rock n roll voice again. Good cd. Worth buying.

PS:  I wrote this review before the last Staind album came out.  I'll admit I was wrong.  They did have some rage left!  But that review is for another time......

Rating 3.9 of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly to Your Mouth and the Environment!

What:  Tom's of Maine Toothbrush Type: Soft Bristles 4 count Price:  $11.99 Rating: 5.0 Tom's of Maine is an awesome company. ...