Friday, January 17, 2014

Growing Your Mixology Library

Book:  Wine Cocktails: 50 Stylish Sippers That Show Off Your Reds, Whites, and Roses (50 Series)
Author:  A. J. Rathbun
Rating: 4.0 of 5

First off, I have to say that I am a mid level wine enthusiast. I enjoy a full bodied red wine. I'm also a beer enthusiast as well (all craft beers). So on one level I wasn't interested in this book at all. I mean come on, the whole point of wine is to enjoy and savor it for it's own unique flavors. Not to dilute it where it tastes nothing like the grape at all.

So why did I review this book then? Well it is a great book if you appreciate it for what it actually is. It's not a 'wine lovers' guide or something as deep as that. I personally consider this book to be a great way to try out some new drinks. Most of us have our own little bar area. We add books on mixing drinks and making cocktails. Well, why not have this book as well?

Many of it's recipes are excellent for cool drinks during the summer. Can't you picture yourself right now floating in a pool enjoying a tall class of Sangria? Great book to add to your collection. Many of the recipes will be enjoyed by someone at your party. So I'm giving it thumbs up. Nice addition to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly to Your Mouth and the Environment!

What:  Tom's of Maine Toothbrush Type: Soft Bristles 4 count Price:  $11.99 Rating: 5.0 Tom's of Maine is an awesome company. ...